We hope to be able to move into our new home either this Saturday or the next. If everything goes perfectly this week with all the subcontractors, we will be able to get our final inspection on Friday. If not, we'll need to wait until after Christmas.
We're going to take a couple of couches that Mom and Dad have been storing for a while, at least until Weston decides that he wants to use them. I think I will come up this Saturday to try to pick them up. I know I can fit at least two of them in the utility trailer. I may have to make a second trip later to get the third.
If it turns out that we can move in for real on Saturday, then we'll probably forgo the couches initially and focus on moving the furniture out of our home and out of LaDonna's apartment. I will probably rent a U-Haul to get the most stuff in a single load.
If anybody is looking for something to do on Saturday, I'm sure we could use the help. I'll post a note here on Wednesday when we'll hopefully know better what our actual chances are for getting in on Saturday.
UPDATE (12/19/12): We aren't going to make it for the big move on Saturday the 22nd. (Not really a surprise.) That means we will try to do it on Saturday the 29th. I think that is a date that is pretty likely to stick, so if you are around and available, we'd love to have an hour or two of assistance, especially on the Lindon end for unloading stuff.
UPDATE (12/30/12): We didn't move yesterday. We thought we could move on Monday the 31st, but that is also looking too optimistic. The weather kept throwing us curve balls as we tried to finish off the last little things. We will probably move LaDonna in to her side on Wednesday and we will move in to our side on Saturday, January 5. The house is looking so good, we can hardly wait!