Thanks for the suggestion, Kim. Mom and Dad also called with the same suggestion around the time you posted this to the blog. We so greatly appreciate all of your faith and prayers as we approach this very precarious point in our little son's life.
To give the update on time lines, the baby is due on Dec. 28th. The plan has been to deliver him one week early so that it could be done in a very controlled environment up at the University of Utah hospital which is right next door to the Primary Children's Hospital. That put us up to the 21st.
Keryn's regular OB suggested that, since both of our other kids came one week early and because the last one was born so quickly, it might not be wise to wait all the way until the 21st. He recommended the 14th. That is at 38 weeks.
Since we'd rather let him cook as long as possible, we're going to try to have the baby as close to the 21st as possible without waiting for that date. Kim has graciously agreed to let us stay at her house for a few days so that we can wait a little longer to have the baby and still be close enough to get to the hospital if he decides to come on his own.
Keryn's mom and sister will be coming to stay with us for a month after our boy is born.
I spoke with our bishop during tithing settlement and he said that we can give our boy a blessing in the hospital without doing the formal "name and a blessing". So we will still do that probably a month after he is born. Knowing that some of you would like to be present for the blessing (you're all invited as always), we'd love to hear any feedback from you on dates that absolutely won't work for your family. If we have any wiggle room in timing, we'll try to accommodate everyone.
I love you all so much!